- This event has passed.
“Inner Resilience in a Troubled World”
August 30, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm
One event on August 30, 2022 at 6:30 pm
The Oregon Interfaith Hub is initiating a series of talking circles that offer the opportunity to share our truths and experiences, to practice deep listening, and to build spiritual community.
This is a Zoom event. Dates: Tuesdays, August 16 & 30, 6:30-7:45pm. To join us, click the following link: https://bit.ly/3wpDV49.
We at the Oregon Interfaith Hub are hosting our 2nd talking circle on “Inner Resilience in a Troubled World.” Our first talking circle on August 16th on this vital topic was very meaningful and inspiring.
Resilience and resiliencies are a kind of synthesis of our capacities to imagine, work, and co-create responses to an ever changing world. Developing the capacity to consistently be anchored in inner states of balance and security and not be overwhelmed by personal and worldwide circumstances is paramount to being able to access the wisdom necessary to repair and heal the sources of suffering in ourselves and in our world. What practices are truly effective in anchoring us in inner states of balance and security? Let’s find out. Join us August 30 at 6:30pm.
Talking Circle Guidelines:
- Speak from your own experience (use “I” statements).
- Don’t give advice. We’re not here to “fix” others.
- Respect the right to pass. (That is, you can opt not to speak or participate in any part of the meeting).
- Listen deeply and respectfully.
- Have one person speak at a time.
- Don’t interrupt, unless it’s for a process comment (i.e. “I can’t hear you.” or “Please explain that term.”).
- Start and end on time.
- Share the privilege and responsibility of helping the group to function well, including sharing the time fairly.
Future talking circles will address a variety of spiritual topics and their relationship to our everyday lives. We welcome diverse points of view.